Saturday, June 14, 2008

Our Yard

Our yard consists of light and dark colored rocks. The dark rocks are located around these very tall palm trees. James and Tira think it is a blast to throw the rocks all over the yard and driveway while mixing the light and dark. Mom doesn't like this because I'm the one who gets to seperate them. The palm trees are the eye candy of every arborist in the city. At least once a week we get someone at the door wanting to trim our trees for us. They know that we pay an HOA fee and so we are required to keep the yard maintained and would therefore be more likely to give them business. But I think I'll wait until money starts growing on the trees before I accept.

9 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

Wow...thanks for the pics of your house and yard. I would love palm trees in my yard - I always thought they were so cool. Sorry about the unfriendly neighbors...maybe your kids should start throwing rocks at them instead of in the yard...hehehe.

Jen said...

It's nice to see where you live. Cool pics. Thanks for signing up to contribute to the Bramall Bulletin!

Cathy Duffy said...

didn't you know that money does grow on some trees??? at least ken thinks that... jk...

Trisha B said...

I bag tagged you on my blog. Check it out to see what to do. My blog is http://thebrantinghamfam.blogspot.com

Denae said...

Annette so good to find you. Please email me at denaeholt at hotmail dot com and I will invite you to my blog and we can catch up!

Denae

Unknown said...

Hi Annette and Dan! this is your cousin Sammy :) i recently got a blog. so i just thought i'd say hi and that the yard looks good:)

Amy Bigelow said...

put up some new crap!

Trisha B said...

You need to post again. Thanks for picking up that medicine for me. We really appreciated that. How are you guys doing? Are you excited to leave next month? Did you finish the Twilight series? I just finished the 4th book a week ago. I thought the first half of the book was slow, but the second half was better. We finally got state insurance here in California, so I'm going to the doctor the end of the month. They couldn't get me in any sooner. I think I'll call and see if anyone that cancelled their appointment. Anyway, we hope you guys are doing well and we'll talk to you later. Please post about all of your adventures in the next coming months when you go all over the country.

Jessica T. said...

Well I see you haven't posted on here in awhile, but I am hoping you still look. Not sure if you will remember me, I am one of the Sykes' grand daughters. Saw you little sis, Amy on facebook... checked out her blog (amazing photograper) then saw you. I just wanted to say hello! Looks like you are doing well!